Injuries sustained while working out tree changer life
Inspired by my latest injury – breaking my fall onto the log splitter with my shin – I’ve decided to compile a running list of dumb ways to die in the bush if you’re not careful!
- A cracked shin after tripping on a log and falling onto a log splitter.
- A severely locked back (two weeks of not being able to walk) after bending over to pick up a chainsaw.
- A mild concussion after banging heads with Mr Tree Changer while trying to help a sick animal hiding under a table.
- Badly scratched up arms after forgetting to wear long sleeves to feed the strays hay.
Mr Tree Changer’s injuries:
- A badly sprained shoulder after falling while pulling out a post that was going to hit a bogged car being winched out of liquefied mud (got all that?!).
- Coming off second best against the blackberries.
The near misses!
- A stump through a rear windscreen & to the head after some enthusiastic tree removal efforts involving a ute and a chain.
- A projectile rock to the upper body while filming and laughing at Mr Tree Changer reversing an old tractor up the hill for grass slashing.
- Multiple injuries after nearly rolling said tractor while two-wheeling up a steeper than should have been attempted hill.
Check back regularly for our ongoing list of injuries and near misses!